"Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art"
- Leonardo Da Vinci
This fits perfectly well in the context of Agile product teams. Creating extraordinary products is as much an art, as it is science, wouldn't you agree?
Let's ask ourselves, what are the ingredients of high-performing "disruptively innovative" teams which challenge traditions, spearhead change and attain excellence in the process? Quite a few…
Product Owners are usually seen as business savvy individuals, primarily responsible for "what goes into the product". But one of the great responsibilities we carry is sharing the Product Vision with the team in a simplistic, yet engaging manner.
How well we do so determines whether our team feels after each sprint i.e. exhausted, or exalted, and therefore the fate of the final product.
Often ignored, this is an opportunity which if correctly exploited through a "servant-leader" perspective can prove to be a transformational experience for the team, can bring out the entrepreneurial zeal in your team members and help create products that users will dearly love!
In my talk I will delve into the secret ways of how a Product Owner can use 'Product Vision' as a catalyst to:
- Consistently inspire an agile team
- Create a greater level of transparency w.r.t. to Product Goals
- Help the team nurture a culture of "inspire, aspire, achieve"
- Create remarkable progress that 'wow' sponsors
So take out your brushes and palette!***
- Introduction and setting the context
- Main - Delve into using "Product Vision" as a tool to create high-performance innovative teams. I will draw examples from my own experiential learning and share the derivative techniques (with a tinge of fun!) so that the audience can relate easily and find application in their own projects. (20 mins)
- Short video (2-3mins)
- Summarise and conclude (10mins)
(Everyone is welcome to leave a comment on this submission! Click on headline to do so)